Monday, October 11, 2010

You can't always get what you want....


What a weekend! I had my brother's wedding Sunday... I had a great time with my sisters (Victoria, Allie, and Sam)! We were the life of the party and on the dance floor all night long! It was glorious!

We have decided that wedding crashers are what we should become... we would bring life to weddings that are dead! 

Anyways enough about that... today was filled with doctors appointments for Malachi. My poor baby is still in pain and we are just trying to find out what the heck is exactly wrong. So I'm learning I "can't always get what I want" but since it's life and you rarely get what you want, I am learning so much. Trusting God, remembering that  He is in control of this situation. I might want answers now or things to go a certain way but ultimately God is in control of this life of mine!

I cherish my husband so much, and it pains me to see him in so much pain and feeling so helpless! UGH! But like I said he is a trooper through this all. He managed to attend my brother's wedding and stay for a little bit of the reception. 
I think a lot of people in life need to remember that they can't always get what they want... it frustrates me when people think they have the right to have everything. And yea, it's becoming easier and easier to get the things we want just like that! Everything is at a touch of the finger... the "finger of death". I wish time could rewind and we could just learn to be content with the few things God gives us and blesses us with. I cherish my husband, but sometimes I am distracted by all the other many things that are in my life that God has given me. I want to choose to love and cherish the few things in my life that mean the world to me. 1. My God 2. My Malachi 3. My family ... help me be content Lord, content and trusting you in all things.







... but you can try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need!


p.s. I'm making some fun cupcakes on Friday! Super excited... pictures will come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment