Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taking the little things for granted....

so i'm sitting in our "basement of a home"and thinking...
I never thought I would be living with my in laws for this long,
I never thought I wouldn't get the teaching job I've always dreamed about,
I never thought my husband would have been let go from 3 jobs,
I never thought my husband wouldn't have the job that he has always wanted,
I never thought my husband would go through the major health issues that he has,
I never thought I would have kids sooner than what we planned,
I NEVER thought...

This past month has been a whirlwind.
The busiest 31 days of my life.
I hope I never have to live through that again!

Today was the first day in 33 days that I was actually able to spend time alone with the love of my life.
I left work an hour early,
picked up the hubs,
and went to the fire station to vote.
Voting we did!
It felt so strange to be home at 3:15 and have my Malachi all to myself!
Skipping the gym today was the best decision ever to to just spend 2 hours with my husband.
So at 3:15 this afternoon I attempted to make a fire (with the help of Mal)
I spent 2 precious hours with the only love of my life...
eating a smore and just enjoying each other's company.




yes in the midst of my time "heaven on earth" i burned a nice hole in my sweatshirt :( 

I realized tonight... well I guess was reminded tonight of some of the following:
I am blessed to be able to live with my in laws so we can save for our house,
I am blessed for the teaching job that I do have now (even though it might not be the "dream")
I am blessed that God has provided for us at the times Mal hasn't had a job,
I am blessed that God is providing Malachi a job that gives us health benefits,
I am blessed that we have so many loved ones around us who were there for us during our health scare,
I am blessed that Mal and I are still able to have a family together.
I AM BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment